Friday, September 26, 2008

boise day 1

hey all,

i arrived safely in boise. had a great lunch with 2 of the ladys from my class whom i remember from being her 2 1/2 years ago. super nice people!

they dropped me off at my hotel so i could chill for the afternoon. i am super glad to have this afternoon to do nothing, as i was up at 4:45 this morning and will be up til 11 or so NC time. my normal bedtime is 10pm, so it is late for me to stay up past that, and i have to teach all day tomorrow. so this afternoon i have laid about in my kick ass motel!

i am staying in the Modern Hotel. it is an old motel that has been redone mid-century modern style. fabulous! the room is simple and luxurious, with all mid-century repro furnishings, a delightful waterfall shower that come right out of the ceiling, aveda hair products, a flat screen tv and an ipod docking station. needless to say i have already been quietly rocking out to some "Om Shanti Om." AND i get internet access from my bed! sweet!



the only negative about being here so far is that i am gonna miss the debate. dammit! but i am sure i will find out if there is anything good said. this election has gotten me riled up, people, riled up. to the point where i honestly feel that if you plan on voting for mccain and palin, you are not bothering to really think about the future of this country, and i have lost respect for you. seriously. i mean, did you even see ms. palin talk about the proximity of russia to alaska and what that means to her foreign policy experience? puh-leeese!

so, tonight i give my lecture, which is just a slide show about me and my work. then tomorrow we begin making our hinged lockets!

fermelenge!

No comments: