Friday, January 13, 2012

Up

Hello!

We are having sleeping problems. Walker woke up last night at 4:30. Even though he and I were able to go back to sleep, Jamie was not. This means Jamie will take a a nap later in the day....and then possibly not sleep through the night again. It is 8AM here, and Jamie is outside doing something while Walker and I are still in the bed. I think he is up on the roof having breakfast.

Apparently last night (Friday) they had a bonfire for the guests on the roof! Jamie said they put down a circle of bricks and then a few inches of dirt, and then set up the wood like a teepee. We missed the action, but thought it was very interesting that they just had a fire like that right on the marble floor!

I have pink eye. I have never really had it before that I remember. I got some Ayurvedic drops for it and it is feeling a bit better. I will give it a few days like this to see what happens and if it does not go away I will have to go get antibiotic drops. Ugh.

We are ready to leave Delhi. The noises and people and activity is tiring. However we still have a day and a half here so we will make the best of it! Walker has suggested going back to the park (he had fun yesterday), there is a craft "display" at Dilli Haat (this means you can purchase these....), we have some items to purchase for resale (oh! you just wait and see!), and i am vaguely interested in seeing the Bahai Lotus Temple. Plus there is food to eat, naps to be had, showers to take.

I got some mehendi yesterday. I think I picked the wrong guy, because it is pretty sloppy. Oh well. It wears off quickly and I will get some more before coming home. Walker got mad when he saw it, saying I had dirt on my hands.

Walker had a tough day yesterday, needing time inside to watch movies and he needed his mama. I read him the same l.o.n.g. book about 4 times. I bought him some bars and made him some gatoraid. Jamie hung out with him inside while I went and got the mehendi. Hopefully today he will be ready for some more things. We must make sure he is doing ok, and we are trying to be gentle with him as far as activities, food, sleep, and everything! The little prince himself just woke up next to me, so I think I will sign off.

More pics later, they take a long time to upload.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope Doc will comment on the Pink Eye. I went thru a period where I got it frequently. Believe I'd head straight for an ophthalmic eye ointment (antibiotic), which is prob. OTC over there. Hot compresses help a lot -- but no one else must use your washcloth or they, too, will get it. It's highly contagious! Y.M.

My knee is WAY swollen!