Thursday, December 14, 2006

thurs dec 14 2007


Thali: a variety of dishes that comes with naan, papadam, rice, daal, pickle, and yogurt. you can order it at almost any restaraunt, and it differs from place to place. this is my favorite thing to order, because you never know what you are going to get and it is fun to try out everyone's dishes. it is very cheap, about $1 us or rs40. ("rs" stands for "rupees", the indian currency.)

I spent most of the day yesterday getting ready for my trip, organizing my paperwork and money. not an easy job. i'm not complaining, though, as it all is going ot work out just fine. it's difficult to pay bills for 2 months ahed of time AND pay for all these craft fair booth fees.

several good things: the health dept said i can just drop in any time to get my 3rd hepatitis booster. the bad news about hat is that is costs $100. if anyone knows how to get it cheaper, holler! my travel agent actually called me back and told me i can change my return flight upon arrival in delhi. she said there should be no problem changing my ticket and that the fine would be $200, which was cheaper than i expected. so i will be changing my trip from 7 weeks to 4 1/2 weeks. better for me in lots of ways! i also found out that 2 of the craft fairs i have to withdraw from are going to send me my money back! phew!

even though i am really excited to get back to india and smell everything and just be in the midst of her insanity, i really am having a lovely time in my life here, and i am looking forward lots to everything that next year has to possibly offer. who knows what next year can bring? look at all that has happened this year! i know it sounds a little cheesy, but i am really excited about the future, immediate and not-so-immediate.

i had a talk this morning about 2006 the year in review. so many different things have happened, so many emotions about things, work advancements, boyfriend changes, family changes with mom and dad retiring...new roomie, losing weight, lots of new jewelry and teaching experiences, watching friends fall in love...the way i feel is this: if i feel good where i am at in my life now, then the past year was a good one, no matter what happened. and i feel great about where i am at now, so this past year has been great.

and i'm thrilled ot be starting the year off in india. i wonder if there will be any western new year's celebrations in delhi. it will be interesting to see.

so, if anyone needs any last minute jewelry presents, please give me a call. i can meet up anytime and have lots of work to sell you that will make that woman in your life happy! ;)

off to trim my nosehairs....
namaste

No comments: